Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

MTS speed build challenge results - posted on 11th Nov 2018 at 8:38 PM
Replies: 3 (Who?), Viewed: 1178 times.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Aug 2018 at 10:15 AM
Default Black Ceiling Issue
So I've been tracking down this so called "black ceiling" issue with a couple of my lots. At first I thought it was b/c of the level skip markers, but turns out it is not. Then I thought perhaps it has to do with using the mansard roof to get more than 5 floors. However, that's also not it b/c one of the room on a 7th floor was fine.

When I rotate the lot, facing different directions, sometimes part of the ceiling is fine. I think it has to do with the shaders, but I just don't know why it keeps shading it black. If you stay in that level, the ceiling is shaded properly, but once you level up to the next level, it goes all black again.

This is fine:

But if I level 1 above:

The only thing I can think of is that it has to do with the mansard roof technique to increase beyond 5th level. Somehow that screws up the lighting b/c this only so far occurs on 2 lots, one is this one the other is the Acropolis Resort which also required the mansard roof technique.

Since I'm relatively new to the mansard roof technique, greatly appreciate any insights from veteran builders. Thanks!
Screenshots

Sanity is overrated.

Nitromon is a type of Pokemon encountered in the Pokemon Nitrome Version series.

There. Mystery solved.
Advertisement
dodgy builder
#2 Old 18th Aug 2018 at 3:05 PM Last edited by Volvenom : 18th Aug 2018 at 9:03 PM.
I haven't used a lot of time figuring out what that is, I've just come to accept it as a nuisance of this game.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Aug 2018 at 12:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volvenom
I haven't used a lot of time figuring out what that is, I've just come to accept it as a nuisance of this game.

Thanks, wanted to make sure it wasn't just me or something I could avoid. So far, I haven't seen it on any lot not using more than 5 floors.

Sanity is overrated.

Nitromon is a type of Pokemon encountered in the Pokemon Nitrome Version series.

There. Mystery solved.
dodgy builder
#4 Old 19th Aug 2018 at 7:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitromon
Thanks, wanted to make sure it wasn't just me or something I could avoid. So far, I haven't seen it on any lot not using more than 5 floors.

Well it happens and then it doesn't, and I sometimes gets tired of analyzing everything.