This is a featured upload!
It showcases the best talent and creativity available on MTS and in the community.
: To have the vesrion 1.5 of the mod, you have to download only "Nyx_FairyMod V1.5.rar"
After a lot of work, sweat and tears, I have finally completed this update, let's see what does it add! :
NOTE: THE AURAS WILL AFFECT THE SIMS SURROUNDING THE FAIRY ONLY
Fairies are now capable of using some magic abilities! First of all, there are Auras:
- They can cast between 5 magic auras, that are Aura of Soothing, of Body and Mind, of Creativity, of Discomfort and of Idiocy.
= Aura of Soothing (+20 Happy)
Will make sims very happy, it will highly increase their fun and social needs, and will receive a boost in social skills.
= Aura of Body and Mind (+10 Focused)
Will make sims learn the logic and fitness skills much faster!
= Aura of Creativity (+10 Inspired)
Musical and Artistic skills will be learnt much faster!
= Aura of Discomfort (+10 Sadness)
The exact opposite of the "Aura of Soothing", it will highly decrease the fun and social needs and learning abilities is a bit harder.
= Aura of Idiocy
Sims won't learn any skill and everytime they interact with someone, they'll be automatically enemies! (Because sims will think they're too stupid to talk too) So If you want your sim to learn an ability or to have GOOD RELATIONSIPS, then don't use this aura (Obviously!).
If you don’t want the sims around you to have auras, there’s an interaction, that is ”dispel near auras” which will remove the aura from the sims near the fairy (and the fairy itself).
Everytime a Fairy casts an aura they'll receive the "Out of Magic Energy" (+6 dazed) buff that lasts 6 hours!
What are the consequences of this buff? Well, you cannot use any magical ability except one interaction that I'm gonna talk about below.
If you don't want to wait for the buff to expire you can do a "Recharging Meditation", an interaction that will appear only if you're out of magic energy! Doing this, your sim will sit on the ground, and focusing on gaining magic energy.
The meditation brings an advantage and a disadvantage:
= Advantage: You'll receive the "Full of magic energy" (+4 Energetic) buff, that will last 2 hours. What is the advantage of this? Well, during the presence of this buff, you are able to cast any aura, without receiving the "Out of magic energy" buff.
= Disadvantage: Once the buff expires, everything goes back to normal and you'll receive the "Out of Magic Energy" buff everytime you cast an aura. What's the disadvantage? If you receive the dazed buff, you won't be able to meditate again BUT you'll have to wait 5 in-game hours in order to do that again.
SO which will you use? Patience or Cheats?
Now Fairies will be able to change their wings's colors! The options available are:
Default, Black, Yellow, White, Red, Pink and Green!
-Bug Fixes and things you can no longer do-
= Fixed the fact that sims wouldn't do the "I can fly!" interaction while sitting.
= Now Fairies can wear glasses.
= You can’t create a fairy with CAS, so to be a fairy you’ll have to use the tree.
That's all for this update! I hope you like it
General Informations about the mod:
-First of all: Fairies!-
Yes, you can now control a new occult, that is the fairy life state. Fairies have some changes and bonuses:
- They have a pair of wings and pointy ears! (NOTE: You can't wear hats
as a fairy. Sorry...)
(ONLY IN V1.0 YOU CAN'T WEAR GLASSES)
- They have 1 new interaction, that is "I Can Fly!" (Interaction [not animation] from the Sims 3 Supernatural) where they'll fly around increasing the fun need.
- Most of the time, they won't walk, but fly! (NOTE: They will walk when feeling bored, unconfortable and energic. They will also walk if they have a custom walkstyle! So make sure to give them the default walkstyle in order to fly!)
- They will perform a special idle animation from time to time.
- Their fun and social will drop slightly faster than normal.
- The Mischief skill now develops MUCH faster! Fairies are really mischievous!
- They will occasionally have two buffs:
= "Feeling Playful" (+3 playful)
= "Where's the fun?!?" (+4 Bored)
- Children, Childish and Insane sims will continuously react when they see a fairy receiving the "Wow! A Fairy!" (+6 happy) Buff for 6 hours (NOTE: After the buff expires they will have it again if they see a fairy again)
- They will have sparkles behind their back! (NOTE: They might dissappear sometimes, but don't worry they will re-appear if you change the lot or go in CAS)
-How to be a Fairy?-
So, to have a fairy you can use two methods:
- (ONLY IN V1.0!)
Create one from cas, the trait can be found under the "Lifestyle" category (They'll have -1 trait, because that space is going to be needed for the trait)
- Receive the fairies's blessing by pleading the fairies from the "Fairies's tree" (The trait will add to the others, instead of taking space, THIS IS THE ONLY METHOD
- Children and below can't be fairies
-What is the "Fairies's tree"-
A legend says that this tree was watered by a fairy queen's tears, and now is protected by fairies, who will curse or bless (your point of view) any sim who will plead to this tree by turning them into fairies as well. Why would the sim plead for a tree? Well some sims say that the tree brings a lot of fortune! Of course, this is all just a legend... Or not...? Who knows!
It can be found in build mode, in the "trees" section.
-What can you do with this tree?-
This tree has 2 interactions on it! :
- They can "Contemplate the tree", this will lead the sim to observe it…. Obviously!
- They can "Plead the fairies" and this will bring the sim to transform into a fairy after praying. BE CAREFUL THOUGH! A fairy cannot return into a human, so choose wisely...
- Big thanks to siminimonster and dystopianam (Their tumblr name) to have supported me during the creation of this mod.
- Big thanks also to notegain (Their tumblr name) to have created the beautiful elf ears used to create this mod.